1. What is Personal Information? “Personal Information” means information that specifically identifies an individual (such as a name, address, telephone number, mobile number, e-mail address, or credit card number) or information about that individual that is directly linked to personally identifiable information. Personal Information does not include “aggregate information”, which is data we collect about the use of the Services or about a group or category of services or users from which individual identities or other personal information has been removed. Personal Information also does not include Usage Information (as defined below) or your Device Identifier (as defined below). This Policy in no way restricts or limits our collection and use of aggregate or Usage Information that is not connected to Personal Information.
2. Information Collected on Our Services Information You Provide To Us You may choose to provide Personal Information through the Services. For example, the Company may collect Personal Information when you register on the Services, request information, or participate in some promotion, survey or other feature of the Services, or otherwise communicate or interact with us. The Company may also ask you to provide other information about yourself, such as demographic information or certain information about your preferences, product use, and interests. If we combine demographic or other information we collect about you with Personal Information about you, we will treat the combined information as Personal Information. If you do not want your Personal Information collected, please do not submit it. Information Collected by Automated Means Whenever you visit or interact with the Services, the Company, as well as any third-party advertisers and/or service providers, may use a variety of technologies that automatically or passively collect information about how the Services are accessed and used (“Usage Information”). Usage Information may include, in part, device type, operating system, the page served, the time, how many users visited the Services, and the preceding page views. Usage Information is generally non-identifying, but if the Company associates it with you as a specific and identifiable person, the Company treats it as Personal Information. In the course of collecting Usage Information, the Company also automatically collects your IP address or other unique identifier (“Device Identifier”) for the computer, mobile device, technology or other device (collectively, “Device”) you use to access the Services. A Device Identifier is a number that is automatically assigned to your Device when you access a web site or its servers, and our computers identify your Device by its Device Identifier. When you visit the Services, we may view your Device Identifier. We use this information to determine the general physical location of your Device and understand from what regions of the world the visitors to the Services come. We also may use this information to enhance the Services. The technologies used on the Services to collect Usage Information, including Device Identifiers, may include, without limitation: Cookies. Like many companies, we use “cookies” on the Services. Cookies are data files placed on a Device when it is used to visit the Services. The Company, or our third-party advertising service providers, may place cookies or similar files on your Device for security purposes, to tell us whether you have visited the Services before, if you are a new visitor or to otherwise facilitate site navigation, and to personalize your experience while visiting our Services. If you would prefer not to accept cookies, most browsers and devices will allow you to: (i) change your browser settings to notify you when you receive a cookie, which lets you choose whether or not to accept it; (ii) to disable existing cookies; or (iii) to set your browser to automatically reject any cookies. However, please be aware that if you disable or reject cookies, some features and services on our Services may not work properly because we may not be able to recognize and associate you with your profile. Information We Receive from Third Parties We may receive information about you from third parties. The collection and use of this information is pursuant to such third party’s information collection practices, which are typically outlined in a policy like this one, provided on the third party’s website or application. We also may supplement the information we collect about you through the Services with other information from third parties in order to enhance our ability to serve you, to tailor our content to you and to offer you opportunities to purchase products or services that we believe may be of interest to you. We may combine the information we receive from these third parties with information we collect through the Services. In those cases, we will apply this Policy to any Personal Information received, unless we have disclosed otherwise.
3. How We Use the Information Collected We use Personal Information we collect through the Services for the purposes described in this Policy or elsewhere on the Services. For example, we may use Personal Information and other information we collect: • to provide the services, products, or information you request and to process and complete any transactions in connection therewith; • to personalize and improve the Services and users' experiences, to increase the functionality and user friendliness of the Services, to deliver advertisements, content, or features that match user profiles or interests, and to provide recommendations as to other advertisements, content or features that may be of interest to users; • to monitor and analyze Services usage and trends and otherwise measure the effectiveness of the Services; • for any other purpose for which the information was collected.
5. Your California Privacy Rights If you are a California resident and you decide that you do not want us to share your personal information with third party companies for their marketing and promotional purposes, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. In this e-mail, state that you would like the Company not to share your personal information with third parties for their marketing purposes. Your opt out request will be processed within thirty (30) days of the date of which we receive it.
6. Links to Other Sites The Services may provide links to other websites that we do not own or operate. This includes links from advertisers, sponsors and partners may use our logo(s) as part of a co-branding agreement. To the extent that any linked websites are not part of the Services, we do not control, recommend or endorse and are not responsible for these websites or their content, products, services or privacy policies or practices. These other websites may send their own cookies to your Device, they may independently collect data or solicit Personal Information and may or may not have their own privacy notices or policies. You should also independently assess the authenticity of any website which appears or claims that it is one of our Services (including those linked to through an email or social networking page).
7. How We Protect Personal Information We maintain certain administrative, technical and physical safeguards to help protect against loss, misuse or unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction of your Personal Information. However, no electronic data transmission or storage of information can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Please note that we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, and you use the Services and provide us with your information at your own risk. To protect the confidentiality of Personal Information maintained in your profile, you must keep your password confidential and not disclose it to any other person. You are responsible for all uses of the Services by any person using your password. Please advise us immediately if you believe your password has been misused.
8. Consent to Processing and Transfer of Information. The Services are operated in the United States. Given that we are an international business, our use of your information necessarily involves the transmission of data on an international basis. If you are located in the European Union, Canada or elsewhere outside of the United States, please be aware that information we collect may be transferred to and processed in the United States. By using the Services, or providing us with any information, you consent to the collection, processing, maintenance and transfer of such information in and to the United States and other applicable territories in which the privacy laws may not be as comprehensive as or equivalent to, those in the country where you reside and/or are a citizen.
Shutterstock Reseller License
Shutterstock Social Media License